[LRflex] Re: Pond Hockey

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:43:43 -0800

At 28/01/2007, you wrote:
>David,
>
>It is a very nice pictorial narrative, in the Time/Life tradition of
>letting the pictures tell the story.
>
>I enjoyed it very much, especially the magical picture of Logan Lake
>in the distance, with artificial lights on the rink, and what appears
>to be a setting sun in the distance above the town lights. It is
>stunning.
>
>Would you care to share with us how you handled the exposure and the WB?
>
>All my best,
>
>Bill

You're going to hate me for this, Bill....

but the truth is...

a) Tripod.
b) 21/f4 SA wide open.
c) zone focus (infinity selected)
d) Automatic exposure, 'A' - aperture Priority. 1/3 second.
e) AWB
f) use self-timer w/mirror pre-release.

ISO = 400 w/2 stops under exposure =  ISO 1600

To be honest, the lights are some sort of high energy do-dads
borrowed from the local copper mine.  Very unusual light balance...
made everything go green.  Took me about 2 minutes of fiddling to get
the snow, near the right, to look white. I took the rest for what it
was, and figured it was OK.

And, thanks. I like the shot, too!

Cheers