[LRflex] Re: Pond Hockey

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:42:24 +0100

Real fun,
and more serious shots - I guess they staked their lives on the results ;-)

Smashing light and crystal clear shots David.
I see you enjoy it all to the full,
the gear performs excellently,
and I'm thankful to you that you share the whole experience with us in rainy countries :-(

Amitiés from Metz
Philippe

David Young wrote:

Our tiny hamlet of 2300 souls, is host, every year, to the Western Cup of Pond Hockey.

Pond Hockey is exactly what it says ... hockey played on a pond... outdoors... where it should be played! The game is played with a very low goal (no goalie) and with 5 players to a team - 4 on the ice, one resting. No body contact is allowed and there are no breaks in the action, except when the puck goes outside the rink ... and someone has to go dig it out of the snow!

A game consists of 2, 15 minute periods, with a 5 minute rest, in between.

This year, conditions were ideal, with temperatures in the -8 to +2 range, and no wind. Contrast that to 2007, when temps were in the -29C range, and last year when it was mild, but they got 30cm (12") of snow, each day, making it difficult to skate and to keep the rinks clean!

As I work my way through the shots, here are some of the first "rough cuts".

Trying to get a goal...

http://www.main.furnfeather.net/LL-Life/Goal1.html

A shot is a shot ...but how accurate it is all depends on how you hold your tongue...

http://www.main.furnfeather.net/LL-Life/Mouth.html

Of course, in any game, there is always a race for the puck...

http://www.main.furnfeather.net/LL-Life/Race.html

C&C welcomed, as always.