[LRflex] Re: Pond Hockey

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:37:01 -0800

Philippe wrote:

>Nice series,

Thanks. :-)   Technically, only a few are up to
the standards I like, but I find Pond Hockey very
difficult to shoot ... so very fast and you're
always panning the camera, to keep track of the
puck.  But, it's al lot of fun, both to watch and shoot!

>The Flying guy is impressive; I'd long have broken a leg before I
>could even touch the pallet.

Me too!  It never ceases to amaze me just how
talented a lot of these chaps are...

>I see one of the teams is named Beer Barons;
>does baron refer to the  size of the glasses? We call 0.5 l glasses so here.
>http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verre_à_bière

No, Philippe.  The "baron" refers to royalty ... as in "The Beer Kings".

Thanks for taking the time to "peek"!

David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net