[jhb] Re: Pireps

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:14:14 +0100

Since most controllers are unlikely to have a clue about the strips' whereabouts, I normally expand mine to read, eg

DEP/SNAKE FARM NR FISHBURN DEST/EGGESFORD RMK/FARM STRIPS

Is that acceptable?

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

I saw you on IVAE just before I got dragged by the scruff of my neck to "entertain" our unexpected arrivals. As they didn't depart until after 2300 it just wasn't worth logging on to catch the tail end traffic. Sorry about that folks - I was looking forward to tonight. On the positive side I've obtained a free pass for Thursday so I'll log on at EGNS around 1930/2000. Anyone bored with the TV is welcome to join in. Frank - in IVAE it showed you as flying from X1SF to X5FM (or whatever) but as the codes are not recognised in IVAO the controllers don't have a clue as to what they represent. Could I ask that you also include in your flight plan the farm names you are flying from/to? To do this you just add in the Remarks section the following: DEP/SNAKE FARM DEST/EGGESFORD RMK/FARM STRIPS If you do that it will appear on the flight strips, the flight plan and in IVAE. bones