JAWS and Verizon

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:44:13 -0500

Hello.

I am currently an AT&T DSL subscriber. For some reason, I frequently fail to receive messages from email contacts who use Time Warner's Road Runner service here in New York City. I've tried to resolve the problem with AT&T, but the ultimate obstacle is that they require DSL customers to seek help through an online service that cuts you off if you don't respond in a matter of seconds. With the delays inherent in JAWS, I can't keep up and am invariably bounced off the help system. AT&T's other customer service people have been incredibly unwilling to intervene.

As a result, I am planning to switch to Verizon. I would appreciate any comments, favorable or not, about Verizon's DSL service, how it works with JAWS and how manageable its customer service is with JAWS.

Thank you.