Re: two questions

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:50:32 -0800

If you have XP, the drive letter change is somewhat complicated.

Go to your desktop and highlight My Computer.
Press the Apps key ( brings up the context menu)
select Manage
You are now in the Computer Management dialog
Press the letter "D" until you hear  Disk Management
Wait for a few seconds. A list will automatically come up with the hardware
drives and their assigned letters.
Scroll down to the one you want to change
*NOTE* if you are changing a drive with removable media, you will need to have
media in that drive before doing any of this stuff.
Route JAWS to PC
Insert-Keypad Right arrow to hear the drive letter.
Right click using the keypad
Now use the standard up/down arrow to move through the context menu and find
"Change drive letter and paths..."
In this dialog  go back to the PC cursor and Tab until you hear "Change...
button"
  Then tab to the combo box and select the letter you want.
  Press Enter and climb back out.

  As long as you always mount this same hardware drive to the same USB, it
should stay with that letter.

  Good luck.

  Dave