Re: JAWS and Verizon

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:56:56 -0800

David,

First of all, I'm cracking up. You have turned my email handle, which is an
old, well known nickname for the jazz alto player Charlie Parker and an old
Southern black expression ("yardbird," one word) into some sort of ersatz
German Jewish surname! Like, "My parent's had a dinner party and invited the
Goldsteins and the Yardbergs." LOL

Anyway, look, I'm not on a mountaintop somewhere. I'm in Los Angeles. We
have Verizon, and it has all sorts of plans and services. But I never have
spent any time looking through all their offerings, because I just use them
for my cell phone, and that's that. Now if I were sighted, and happened to
just see something about that service or feature every time I went to the
Verizon site, that would be different. But I'm a Jaws guy, so I just use
single letter commands, the Find function, the Jaws links list, and that
sort of thing to skip to where I want to go. So I don't arrow down the page
and hear about everything. So it's me, not a problem with not being in a
happening place like Jersey! Just teasing.