Re: Block Quote, on or off

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 15:45:26 -0800

Bill,
Thanks for your kind words, but I don't think my understanding is so
exceptional.  Since becoming legally blind, I've studied what I've been able
to about retinal function and retinal degeneration, so that I have a working
vocabulary of the visual process and the cellular and electrochemical
specifics that support it.  Also, I know my visual fields and understand why
gaps have appeared in my vision as they have because I've had the Goldmann
Visual Fields test performed on me several times over the past ten years at
the Jules Stein eye Institute here at UCLA.  It's through educating myself
that I've learned to understand and be better able to describe all this.
Anyone could do the same, and I recommend making the effort.
Daniel