[iyonix-support] Re: Network filing system problem

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:14:49 +0100

  cj  wrote:
> Is this a typo for an NSLU2 NAS box?
yes - Cisco LinkSys NSLU2 (Network Storage Link Usb 2)

> I am using an NSLU2 box, and communicating via the stand alone
> LanMan98, v.2.00.

I am using the application !Omni which was bundled with the Iyonix. It
supplies and RMloads OmniClient, which I suppose, communicates via
LanmanFS, which is loaded (from ROM?) during boot.

The documentation is sparse!

> I have renamed a few text files all starting with a / character and
> they
> * copy over to the NSLU2
> * are viewable using LanMan98
> * can be loaded into Zap by double clicking
> * can be copied back to the Iyonix
> Thus there are no problems using LanMan98.
>       Chris...
> I should add that in LanMan98 !Run file I have
> | Uncomment the following line to make hidden files visible through LanMan98
> |
> Set LanMan98$ShowHidden ""
> so that hidden files are shown.
>         CJ

I don't know how to do that with !Omni. It is not clear how to
configure it as there is no documentation I can find.

John

--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
Always fight the ZeitGeist.