[iyonix-support] Re: Network filing system problem

  • From: rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 18:36:13 +0100

Thanks Richard and Steve

 Richard Darby  wrote:

> I think it may depend to some extent on what software you are using to
> connect to the NAS drive - you don't say.

I am running !Omni which was bundled with the Iyonix. It reports
itself as OmniClient 2.12 in the info on the icon bar.

> Software like !Lanman98 and !FTPc will automatically convert illegal
> characters, eg slash and dot are swapped.

As Steve and you have pointed out the slash should get converted to a
dot on the way from adfs to the NAS.

I think what is happening is this :-

command:-   *copy <adfspath>./myfile <NASpath>./myfile
SMB conversion takes place and the target file becomes:
     < NASpath>..myfile
-This is not a valid name in Linux and it gives a file not found
error.

command:-   *copy <adfspath>.myfile/txt <naspath>.myfile/txt
is ok as it does not result in a double dot in the file name.

John
--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
Was Saint Paul a MUG? (1Cor.1)