[iyonix-support] Re: Network filing system problem

  • From: HzN <iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:27:25 GMT

> >   $.File becomes /File
> >   $./File becomes /.File
>
> > Both are valid on Linux.  As I explained, in my previous post, /.File is a
> > *hidden* file on Linux, and Samba in its default setup does not return
> > details of these to LanManFS.
>
> Understood
>
> > I repeat: it is a *NAS* configuration issue, and has *nothing* to do with
> > the RISC OS software.  You need to change the NAS' Samba configuration to
> > return details of dot-files.
>
> Unfortunately the only documented interface to the SLU2 is web based
> and does not offer access to the SMB configuration.

If you have the NSLU2 device then it can be done by installing a real
debian on that box (look for "debian nslu2" on google). Then you can
change whatever and even make it work as web server with apache etc.

> Before doing anymore backups to the NAS I will upgrade the Omniclient
> module, rename the files that start with a /.
> Then see if it can handle the other filenames that are giving trouble.

Or simply put the things to backup there into zip archives...

--
Herbert

Herbert zur Nedden
German Archimedes Group http://www.gag.de