RE: Is ISA a good fit?

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:30:30 -0800

Not personal; I personally couldn't care less whther you choose ISA or Monkeys
& buckets for your firewall.
As you stated, your business needs are your own.

My "issue" was with your claim to an unresolved PSS issue (which you haven't
responded to, BTW).
I'm the one they turn to to get product team assistance and I never saw or
heard of an issue with your name on it.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:24:34 -0500
 Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hay Jim - you are the one taking things personal, Ok, this is a discussion
group, I was simply adding to an earlier post from someone who asked if ISA
was a good fit. So lighten up, if your interpretation of my feedback is one
of a grip session then that is the way you see it. I don't care what
security platform I use as long as it fits my business needs, as far moving
forward, I think I struck a nerve with my honest evaluation based on my
experience, like I said, I still believe in ISA but I am going to wait for
version 2 release, for now, I am putting this issue to bed, in the mean time
I thought I would look at 3COM's total firewall solution on a single NIC.