Is ISA a good fit?

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <rdzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:54:17 -0800

Request For Information...

It appears that lately I seem to be finding all the things that ISA cannot do.
Is ISA supposed to be an "Enterprise" level application that can truly support
Enterprise level needs?  Or am I simply just asking too much of ISA.  I am
asking this sincerely.  I have used MS Proxy and ISA for several years now.
Frankly, I have not really looked at other products.  But now that our business
has grown, so has the complexity of our network.  I keep running into issues
where ISA is a roadblock and not a asset.  Are the problems with
authentication, not passing protocols (even when defined), VOIP, etc ISA
centric, or am I going to have these same issues with any firewall product we
purchase?  In our mixed environment of Windows, Mac, Linux, and Solaris, is ISA
really a good fit?  Will there be a release of ISA that will address these
issues in the immediate future?

Thanks to all with more insight into this than I have.