[PCB_FORUM] Allegro Design Entry HDL (ConceptHDL) questions...

  • From: "allegrolist@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <allegrolist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:43:23 -0400

Hi,

I have a design that I am updating that is in Allegro Design Entry HDL.
I'm trying to learn how to create schematic symbols.

So far, I understand I have to manualy set-up a directory in a library
directory with the part name as the directory name and with subdirectories
"chips" and "part_table".  Then, I create a file "chips.prt" in the chips
directory copying one from an existing symbol, and modifying it.  And, a
file "part.ptf" in the part_table directory, again, copying one from an
existing symbol and filling it in.

Then, I create the graphics by copying another graphic, and "save as" into
this new directory in a subdirectory "sym_1".

I can add the new symbol to the schematic.  But, I have a couple of
"problems".  One is in the add component, the graphics shows a large dashed
yellow box the size of the old symbol. How can I change that?

Second is, when I put the symbol on the schematic, no pin numbers show up.
How do I get the pin numbers to show up?

A general schematic question...when I copy a symbol, or add one, the
instance number shows up.  It's not visible on any of the pre-existing
symbols.  How do I get that to be invisible?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Austin