[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro Design Entry HDL (ConceptHDL) questions...

  • From: "allegrolist@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <allegrolist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:55:27 -0400

Hi Jerry,

> For the large yellow box, edit the symbol in DEHDL and remove those lines.

I did file/open and opened the symbol.  I can't see the yellow box, so I
can't remove it.

> The pin numbers will appear on the pin stubs when you back annotate the
> schematic. Or, use the SECTION command and click on a pin stub - the pin
> numbers will appear.

Section worked to make the pin numbers visible.  So, any time I place a
component, the pin numbers aren't visible?

> To "remove" the instance property - use the Display invisible command
> and click on this Path/instance property.

I'm on 15.7 if that matters.  I don't find a display/invisible selection.

> Or, you can type in the DEHDL
> console window -
> Find Path
> Display invisible 'A'

I'll try that...and that worked.

> Or, better yet, on the symbol view itself, add a $PATH=?
> property and display it invisible.
> Anytime the part is added, the instance value will be invisible.

OK, I figured out how to add a property!  Select what I'm guessing is the
origin (little "x" in the middle of the symbol), right click, select
attributes and that brings up a table I can edie/add.

> Hope this helps.

Very much so, thank you!

Best Regards,

Austin