[ian-reeds-games] Re: having map issues

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 17:53:07 -0700

Nice work Monkey.
Just a clarification about multiple flags on the same line.
They do still work as long as the first flag uses the equals sign.
If it does not have an equals sign, as is the case with most boolean flags, then the parser thinks you are doing a flag using the new one per line style that does not require an equals sign and allows spaces between values. That said, I prefer the newer style of one per line and feel like it is easier to read and comment.

On 3/3/2015 3:14 PM, Monkey wrote:
Fixed!
Just a simple error, you forgot to add the | sign before flags in a
lot of your files, including the units.
And I moved each flag to its own line too. The older parser versions
worked with multiple flags on one line, but I don't think version ten
does.

On 3/3/15, garrett knight <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
here's all i've done so far. There's practicly nothing here though as I
wanted to fix this issue first before continuing.

On 3/3/2015 8:48 AM, Monkey wrote:
Weird...
Could you send me what you have so far?

Or... Other creators! Any ideas on what's causing this then?
The error is somewhat similar to the team error that I get, but a few
lines are different, which is why I thought it was a team issue.

On 3/3/15, Garrett <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just did that, it still crashes with the same error. :(

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 2, 2015, at 10:12 PM, Monkey <murtagh69.monkeys@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

You have
|script_flags
|map_editor_marker
|units
|terrain
|regions
|items
right?

On 3/2/15, Garrett <wolfofthewind48@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The problem is, the map file is currently blank. And I have the team
specified. But every time I try to place a unit in the map editor, and
then
move over it, it hangs up for a second, and then crashes with that
error.
have the intro victory and defeat text specified, along with all the
other
stuff like parser version and whatnot, but beyond that there's nothing
there, because I was going to place everything with the map editor.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 2, 2015, at 8:12 PM, Carlos Macintosh <sleepio1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

check your map's actual txt file. A typo in where the unit was placed
can
cause this error.

On 3/2/2015 5:08 PM, garrett knight wrote:
hi all
I've been working on a map pack for a wile now but i haven't gotten
verry
far. The reason being that when I move over one of my units in the
map
editor, I get an error and the game crashes. I'm not sure why i'm
getting
this error, but any help in solving the error would be much
appreciated
so i can get back to making my map pack and enjoying it. Thanks once
again.
---------------------------

---------------------------
An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this
error.
You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control
+
C.
Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send
the
email to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was
not
present in the dictionary.

   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

   at Ian.Unit.GetTeamName() in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\Unit.cs:line 259

   at Ian.Unit.GetTBName() in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\Unit.cs:line 253

   at Ian.Unit.GetName() in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\Unit.cs:line 246

   at Ian.MapBase.GetTileAnnounceText(Int32 x, Int32 y, String
prefix,
Boolean speakCoords) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\MapBase.cs:line 141

   at Ian.MapBase.AnnounceTile(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound,
String
prefix, Boolean speakCoords, Boolean soundOverSpeech, Int32 end) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\MapBase.cs:line 103

   at Ian.MapBase.MoveReview(Int32 x, Int32 y) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\MapBase.cs:line 98

   at Ian.MapBase.HandleMoveReview(IHaveGameInput ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\MapBase.cs:line 63

   at Ian.TBHM.HandleMoveReview(IHaveGameInput ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBHelperMethods.cs:line 1234

   at Ian.MapEditor.Process(TBGlobal ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBStates\MapEditor.cs:line 86

   at Ian.SceneMachine`1.Process(T ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\SceneMachine.cs:line 50

   at Ian.TBGlobal.ProcessScene() in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\TacticalBattle\TBGlobal.cs:line 73

   at Ian.GL.InnerSingleLoop(IHaveGameEngineStuff ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameLoop.cs:line 189

   at Ian.GL.RunSingleLoop(IHaveGameEngineStuff ent) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameLoop.cs:line 119

   at Ian.GameWindow.RunGameLoop(Boolean keyPressed) in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameWindow.cs:line 126

   at Ian.GameWindow.GameLoopTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in
C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameWindow.cs:line 266

   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message&
m)

   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg,
IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
OK
--