[HUG ] On the subject of equipement cost

  • From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:54:19 -0500

I thought I had posted this some time ago in July, but perhaps not.

In June, I went to Italy and took a photo workshop. We were driving in the Tuscan countryside, and pulled over to get photos. A large mercedes pullled up behind us, and into one of the long tree lined roads to a farmhouse. A man got out and set up a tripod and put on it one of the Fujiblads. Several of the workshop participants were nearby, and went for a look.

The man was shooting for stock. He had, along with the standard outfit, essentially the entire catalog of digtital H stuff. One case probably held more in cash value than the car.

It turns out that he spends about two months in Tuscany every year shooting stock. The other ten months, he lives in Boston, where he is a lawyer.

That's who can afford this new stuff.

Bill Pearce