[HUG ] Re: On the subject of equipement cost

  • From: Richard Schiff <leicaman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 07:11:57 -0700

Bernard,

The reality is that a good basic MF Hassi kit setup used to cost around $12,000
new....  You are now looking at almost 3 times the cost.  AS I said this has
effectively cut out almost ALL normal Fine Art and hobby shooters... even pros
that are in small markets.  The wedding shooter will be using a D3 or iDs.  As
a Leica shooter I would not pay $5,000 for an M8 even though it will use my
M-4's lenses.  It 2 years my $5,000 M8 will be worth $2,000.  My M4s are still
worth 4X what I paid for them in 1970.