[HUG ] Re: On the subject of equipement cost

  • From: "Franc Flipsen" <fujifan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:04:16 -0600

Well, with Kodak's announcment that it has discontinued LF sheet film will the
MF be far behind?. As to MF digital, it is now in the hobbiests price range
with new backs in the $10,000 range and used ones about half of that.  Consider
this,  you've spent $$2000 on a body, $1200 on the 80mm, $1000 on a prism
finder, heck a 30mm CFi goes for over $5000, I don't think that $10,000 for a
CFV is out of line considering the technology and work involved in the
production of it.  Obsolete? I don't think so superceeded yes but not obsolete
(un-useable). My phase H25 is 5 years old it's still available today the fellow
I purchased it from paid $27,000 USD for it new in Oct./03. I purchased it in
Apr./08 for $6700. it works perfect and it has been upgrade to current
software/firmware.  I'll bet you paid more than that for your V system.  Yes I
know it's alot for 1 piece of the system, but so is the 30mm

Franc