[haiku] Re: gcc4 hibryd

  • From: "holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 14:02:40 +0100 (CET)

>axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Our build system (for Haiku) disables some optimizations when not used
>with GCC 2. This was needed as the GCC 3 we had did not work correctly.
>I doubt GCC 4 will still have the same limitations, though. In any
>case, one should just enable the optimizations again and see if
>everything is still working right :-)

Does it disable code when building the compiler, so the compiler is disabled?
Or it is just when building with the
buildsystem?

I use the crosscompiler from linux, outside of the buildsystem, with -O3
optimizations.
If that already is using full optimization then the difference between the
gcc's for Firefox is not easy to notice at
all.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH