[haiku] Re: gcc4 hibryd

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:31:20

> Skar Cat wrote:
> > normally i compile the system in the old way with the mind on gcc
> > 2,95
> > but now what is possble make the hibrid version i wanna know How.
>
> Now here's where I wasn't too clear on things, but it seemed to work
> for
> me. I'm not sure if you need to actually build the gcc2 version of
> the
> tree or not, but I did after discovering the gcc4 build wouldn't run
> most of the applications in my compile.
>
>     cd ../generated-gcc2 && jam -q
>     cd ../generated-gcc4 && jam -q

That's not how you do it. The build system will build the collection of
libraries for the other GCC version automatically as part of the
process. But for this to work you have to actually enable inclusion of
those. The --alternative switch will only tell it where to put them
when compiled, not to actually compile them. For this you need to add

HAIKU_ADD_ALTERNATIVE_GCC_LIBS = 1 ;

To your UserBuildConfig. Then a zip including the libraries for the
other GCC version will be built and extracted to the installation. You
then compile either in the generated directory for GCC2 to build a GCC2
base with GCC4 alternative libraries or you build in the generated
directory for GCC4 to build a GCC4 base with GCC2 alternative libraries
.

Regards
Michael