[haiku] Re: gcc4 hibryd

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 08:24:35 -0500

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 8:02 AM, holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use the crosscompiler from linux, outside of the buildsystem, with -O3
> optimizations.
> If that already is using full optimization then the difference between the
> gcc's for Firefox is not easy to notice at
> all.

The current GCC4 release of BeZillaBrowser via OptionalPackages uses
-O1 according to about:buildconfig.  This release is done natively
from within Haiku via GCC 4.3.3 though (I'm pretty sure), so I am
wondering if there is a noticeable difference between -O3 and -O1 at
all.  I'm getting the impression there isn't according to what you are
saying.

- joe