[openbeos] Re: VLC

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:19:36 +0100

Mikael Jansson (mailing lists) wrote:

Have you looked at the actual Trac? 0.10dev has support for other SCMs than Subversion, and there's a bunch of plugins doing the missing things, which I hope will be soon incorporated into the main tree.

Well, I'd love to use Trac, but there are a few issues:
It's difficult to install.
AFAIK, there is no possibility to allow for open-registration (any user can register). The ticket interface is a little bit overloaded and some fields should be replaced with other things.

Just seems like a waste of time to duplicate the effort? The timeline and roadmap features of Trac are really nice, too. I personally don't understand why Haiku didn't go for Trac instead of Bugzilla...

Timeline and Roadmap will be part of my solution, too. In fact, please take a look at
http://collaboa.org
It already has everything implemented. I'm just going to add a few more (very important) features and simplify the UI a little bit.

BTW, guys, do we need subcomponent support for bug reports? E.g.:
Component: Drivers -> Audio -> AC97
I've already coded that, but it uses AJAX and it would be faster if we only had one single level...

Bye,
Waldemar