[openbeos] Re: VLC

  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:03:38 +0100 CET

Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>:

> Michael Phipps wrote:
> > ... We
> > have been looking at a web site redesign for a while. It is FAR
> > from a
> > trivial task - we have yet to find a content management system that
> > we
> > like, not to mention that the professional graphic designer who did
> > our
> > current site gfx (for free, I might add, in his spare time) no
> > longer
> > has time to contribute.
>
> I started working on a ticket tracker. It will be written in Ruby on
> Rails and most of the code will be copied from Collaboa (a trac-like
> ticket tracker, written in Rails), but I want to start with a clean
> base
> because migrating their DB is too much work and in its current state
> Collaboa has many features, but none of them done right or completely
> finished (Subversion support is too tightly integrated, etc.). I only
> want to have a ticket tracker (*hopefully* also replacing our bug
> tracker if the other devs don't shout at me ;). If anyone wants to
> join
> me, please send a mail. Currently, I'm coding with Mercurial on my
> local
> Windows system, but we can agree on Subversion or whatever...

Have you looked at the actual Trac? 0.10dev has support for other SCMs
than Subversion, and there's a bunch of plugins doing the missing
things, which I hope will be soon incorporated into the main tree.

Just seems like a waste of time to duplicate the effort?  The timeline
and roadmap features of Trac are really nice, too.  I personally don't
understand why Haiku didn't go for Trac instead of Bugzilla...

-- Mikael
"Any sufficiently complicated C or Fortran program
 contains an ad hoc informally-specified bug-ridden
 slow implementation of half of Common Lisp."      -- Philip Greenspun