[openbeos] Re: VLC

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:06:12 +0100

On 2006-03-16 at 14:19:36 [+0100], Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Mikael Jansson (mailing lists) wrote:
> > Have you looked at the actual Trac? 0.10dev has support for other SCMs
> > than Subversion, and there's a bunch of plugins doing the missing
> > things, which I hope will be soon incorporated into the main tree.
>
> Well, I'd love to use Trac, but there are a few issues:
> It's difficult to install.

Not really but there are a lot of components. It would be nice to see
Clearsilver replaced by something like TALES.

> AFAIK, there is no possibility to allow for open-registration (any user
> can register).

Yes, there is. Check out the plug-ins. I wrote the one which talks to a
database.

> The ticket interface is a little bit overloaded and some
> fields should be replaced with other things.

The data model is an awful hack. Again I have submitted a patch for this.

And one of the core developers is a BeGeistert veteran! ;-)

Charlie