[openbeos] Re: PnP, drivers, packages, etc.

  • From: Marco Zanon <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:07:21 +0200

> Why should Tracker add an icon for a new device? Sure, it could
> mount a hard disk that you plug in (if you want to), but why
> the hell should it put anything else on the desktop? What would
> be the purpose of it, and what would it be necessary for?

the user would have every device:
a) "iconized" on the desktop (maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't Mac OsX
does it too?)
b) "itemized" in a menu
ready to be used

> And why only new devices and not all of them?

all devices would be assigned an icon on login, in fact :)

> Seems like you have to explain a little more :-)

well, it seems that some people are interested in this issue, so
maybe I will prepare some .pdf graphical slide to explain the
whole idea in three moves... :)

regards,

Marco Zanon [http://www.marcozanon.com]