[openbeos] Re: PnP, drivers, packages, etc.

  • From: Marco Zanon <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:38:43 +0200

> Anyway, I don't get the "icon for evey device" idea at all. I
> don't see any purpose behind it. What would I do with a mouse
> icon on my desktop?

that would be explained in the pdf I'm going to write as soon as
possible :)

the device list would carry a bit for every device, telling
whether it should be "iconized" or not for the final user,

so: printers/scanners/cameras/drives/other stuff would be
iconized, while sound cards would be not...

in other words, the device list would keep track of every device
in the system, but the graphical facilities will "filter" all
this amount of information...

regards,

Marco Zanon [http://www.marcozanon.com]