[openbeos] Re: Haiku artwork page

  • From: Kevin Ar18 <kevinar18@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:36:39 -0400

>I am simply not in a position to grant permission to use the
>artwork for commercial purposes, as I do not hold the rights
>to the trademarked material.
>

>Plus commercial use would most likely mean that the work is
>not anymore in the realm of fair use, adding a degree of
>legal complexity that I am really not interested in dealing
>with.
>
>So, sorry Thom, but the NC is there to stay. :)
>
>Cheers,
>
>Koki
You might have a point about the issue of the included copyright material.  Too
bad about that. :(

Despite that, I think it would still be wonderful to have some stuff that even
commercial developers can use at some point in the future -- once Haiku starts
to take off and we've got some artists in the mix.
Koki, I know you don't like free/copycenter stuff, but would you allow
something to be developed to bring together collaboration to produce some kind
of copycenter art related to Haiku?  Of course, I'm not necessarily proposing
that it be done now, just wonder if it might be ok at some point in the future.
 I, personally, really love the freedom copycenter gives the hacker/tinker type
person.  However, we would also be able to offer some great stuff to commercial
developers that they could use to promote their stuff and Haiku -- which would
be great to have.  Maybe it could even help foster a more cooperative developer
community.
Explore the seven wonders of the world