[openbeos] Re: Haiku artwork page

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 08:08:24 -0700

Alexandre Deckner wrote:
Hi Koki, you poster is really nice :) However i have two remarks (i hope it's not too late)

It may already be too late.

1) It seems that there is an aliasing problem in the perspective transformation of the screenshot, you should use a better interpolation technique.

As a poster, people will normally be looking at this from the distance, and they won't even notice it. I will see what I can do, but it may just be a limitation of the tools that I am using (or my knowledge on how to use them). :)

2) This is purely subjective, but i think that the calculator replicant is a bit confusing imho. People external from the project can, at best, be curious about it, at worse, think it's a rendering bug or a strange wallpaper :)

I highly doubt that this will cause any confusion, so the calculator replicant is there to stay. And if it makes people curious, that's a good thing: they will probably ask, and that gives you an opportunity to talk to them about Haiku and replicants in particular. :)

Cheers,

Koki