[haiku-web] Re: ask for access of haiku-os.org

  • From: Kit <kervas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 16:08:37 -0600

 Hello again,

this is created by kokito, which is just like www.haiku-jp.org. and I
> think it is better to make the community in my mind, which looks like
> haiku-os.org. I don't it is a bad idea to make a community site look
> like the official site, even for an open source project.

Koki has been very valuable to the community. I am glad he has been helping
you.

We previously had a discussion about this subject. In summary, we want to
have a balance: we want community websites to be similar enough to the
official site so that they all share a common identity, BUT we do not want
them to be exactly like the official Haiku site, because it could confuse
visitors. The Haiku official site should stand out as being, well, the
official one.

We had talked about having alternative colors, or maybe more subtle hues,
for community websites, and have all community websites follow some sort of
guidelines. Unfortunately, we did not reach a conclusion with specific
guidelines.

Do you have any more ideas? I see that you have placed a small banner that
says "Haiku Community". How could we make that stand out?
A bigger banner? Or maybe also use a lighter shade of blue? (or brown, or
something else)
What do you think?

I don't need the access to editing , what I want is just access to the html
> of those documents.

I am glad that we were able to clear that up.
In the meantime, you may follow Karl's advice, and use something like
Firebug for Firefox [ getfirebug.com ] and use the 'Edit HTML' function.

I can't even register in the haiku-os (I never got any confiring mail from
> the official site ,and I have tried
> registering about ten times.).

Oliver should be helping you with that. Please have patience with us, we are
also volunteers like you.

> When done, it will soon show up at:
> >  [ http://www.haiku-os.org/community/links ]
>
> I haven't completed the haiku-cn site. And when it is finished , I will
> do that as soon as possible.

Don't wait until you have it finished. Websites are always "under
construction".
If you submit now, a fellow Haiku enthusiast could learn about you and your
website, and maybe even offer to help you work faster.
By the way, if you can get in touch with the person working in the BeOSChina
forum, you could ask him or her to also submit their site.

I am a volunteer ,not a contributer or mainter.so I don't think further
> about where will Haiku project go further. I choose Haiku because its
> features impress me. And I want make it another choise for chinese, except
> for Windows and Linux. now very few Chinese people contrubute to Haiku
> project. I want to my work could be a base for them, and draw them attention
> to Haiku. I don't know whether my will work will make sence, but I will go
> on.

There is a lot of work to do, but it feels very rewarding once you do it.
Please feel welcome in the Haiku community!

- Ken