[haiku-web] Re: ask for access of haiku-os.org

  • From: Kit <kervas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 00:27:04 -0600

2010/8/29 Pengfei Han <pengphei@xxxxxxxxx>

> We are working on a Chinese community site for Haiku and will be
> translating a lot of the documentation on the Haiku website to Chinese. I
> would like to have editing access to the pages on haiku-os.org so that I
> can use the HTML as is; this would allow us to save a lot of time, as we
> would not have to duplicate the formatting work that has already been done.
> Can you please help?
>
> the Haiku chinese site is www.haiku-cn.org
>
> thank you very much!
>
> regards
> --kurain

Hello kurain,

I was browsing through your website, and you have done a terrific job so
far.
We really appreciate your contributions.

I see you have done several things correctly: you have placed a badge that
your site is a Community site, and you have also put a link to the official
Haiku site.

I believe you have a good intention, so I'll assume that some of your
wording came out wrong when writing your request in English.
You see, you will likely NOT be able to get direct editing access to the
haiku-os.org website.

For your needs, direct editing access to haiku-os.org is not required.
But it is possible to get access to material on the website without having
direct access to the domain itself.

The official Haiku website has plans to have localized contents on its main
page at some point, but please be aware that subdomains from the official
website will not be forwared to external sites managed by third parties.

In other words, your website will be, as you have correctly done this far, a
local community website, it will not be an official Haiku site.

To include your web page together with other community links, please use the
contact form located at [ http://www.haiku-os.org/contact ] and include the
name of your webpage and a small description.

When done, it will soon show up at:
 [ http://www.haiku-os.org/community/links ]

We normally have complete instructions with procedures that have to do with
translations, but we are currently in a transition to a new setup, so we
cannot give you specific information right now.

However, please hang on, and someone else will promptly give you more
details on how to proceed.

Please join the Haiku-Web mailing list to further discuss this. It is
located at:
//www.freelists.org/list/haiku-web

Cheers,
- Ken