[haiku-web] Re: ask for access of haiku-os.org

  • From: kurain <pengphei@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 20:35:41 +0800

> I was browsing through your website, and you have done a terrific job
> so far.
> We really appreciate your contributions.

Welcome you here. and thank you for your encouragement . you know haiku
is really not popular in china. as far as I known, there is just a forum
for BeOS (www.beoschina.com). it is really necessary for somebody to
build a site for haiku. when I am working on the translation of haiku
user guide and the localization from HTA, I feel that my power and
enerngy is really small. so I really want to creat a chinese haiku
community until I met Kokito. Then he helped me build it. and this site
was finished just about a month ago by Kokito.

> I see you have done several things correctly: you have placed a badge
> that your site is a Community site, and you have also put a link to
> the official Haiku site.

this is created by kokito, which is just like www.haiku-jp.org. and I
think it is better to make the community in my mind, which looks like
haiku-os.org. I don't it is a bad idea to make a community site look
like the official site, even for an open source project.

> I believe you have a good intention, so I'll assume that some of your
> wording came out wrong when writing your request in English.
> You see, you will likely NOT be able to get direct editing access to
> the haiku-os.org website.

> For your needs, direct editing access to haiku-os.org is not
> required.
> But it is possible to get access to material on the website without
> having direct access to the domain itself.

I don't need the access to editing , what I want is just access to the
html of those documents. but I can't even register in the haiku-os (I
never got any confiring mail from the official site ,and I have tried
registering about ten times.).

> The official Haiku website has plans to have localized contents on its
> main page at some point, but please be aware that subdomains from the
> official website will not be forwared to external sites managed by
> third parties.

happy to hear that the official site has this plan. while I think these
translations couldn't be finished by the official mates, they need the
power of communities, and the official site is the biggest community as
an open project. as an third pary community or a local community, we
will try to stand by ourselves and we will offer our oun features,
except for the origin documents from haiku-os.org. and also when we have
enough collections, we want to make some local apps based on Haiku.

> In other words, your website will be, as you have correctly done this
> far, a local community website, it will not be an official Haiku site.

I will not make the haiku-cn community a part of official haiku site.and
that also is not the will of the Chinese community. We just want to
offer some helpful documents and a communication platform for the
Chinese fans, users and some developers.

> To include your web page together with other community links, please
> use the contact form located at [ http://www.haiku-os.org/contact ]
> and include the name of your webpage and a small description.

> When done, it will soon show up at:
>  [ http://www.haiku-os.org/community/links ]

I haven't completed the haiku-cn site. And when it is finished , I will
do that as soon as possible.

> We normally have complete instructions with procedures that have to do
> with translations, but we are currently in a transition to a new
> setup, so we cannot give you specific information right now.

if you have make this plan come into practice, I will jion you and give
my help just like the user guide translation and localization that I
have dome.

> However, please hang on, and someone else will promptly give you more
> details on how to proceed.

I am waiting all the time. I don't mind that it lasts a little
longer.but I don't want it to be forever. ^_^.

> Please join the Haiku-Web mailing list to further discuss this. It is
> located at:
> //www.freelists.org/list/haiku-web
>
> Cheers,
> - Ken

Anyway thank you Ken. I am a volunteer ,not a contributer or mainter.so
I don't think further about where will Haiku project go further. I
choose Haiku because its features impress me. And I want make it another
choise for chinese, except for Windows and Linux. now very few Chinese
people contrubute to Haiku project. I want to my work could be a base
for them, and draw them attention to Haiku. I don't know whether my will
work will make sence, but I will go on.

regards!
-kurain