[haiku-web] Re: ask for access of haiku-os.org

  • From: Kit <kervas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 18:36:44 -0600

2010/9/1 Citi <citi324@xxxxxxxxx>

> >> I don't need the access to editing , what I want is just access to the
> >> html of those documents.
>
> [snip]
>
> Kurain is also the Chinese translation manager who has done a lot of
> the UG translation and application localization for Haiku. Since he
> has editing rights to the User Guide translation tool, lack of trust
> should not be a problem here. should it? :)
>
> - Citi

Hi back,

I do not know much of kurain. Hence, I do not have much reason to trust him
or distrust him.
I assume good faith.

However, I am against of him or whoever, having direct access to the live
website, especially for something so trivial.

kurain himself already agreed that he only needs access to the HTML sources.

For his needs, I assume there must be a backup copy, a playground version,
or a non-live version, something that the website manager can help him with.

I do believe that this type of work could be managed with something like the
translation tool. Once it is available again, I hope that it can be setup to
work for translating the website.
As you say, he must be quite familiar with the tool already.

I do not know if there is currently an internal playground version of the
website right now.
But if there is not, I think this is one good reason to create it.

Cheers,
- Kit