[haiku-web] Re: Community Documentation Collaboration (Was: Add Comunity Project)

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:55:23 -0700

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Rémi Grumeau <remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Simple question: Since the web team is held by less than 5 active people for
> now more than 5 years, is there any kind of real issue to discuss here ? It
> really feels to me that you guys are talking about something that COULD be
> useful if we were more than a 100 000 daily contributors around the globe on
> this website ...
> And it also really feels to me that in the end, the same 5 guys will all be
> superadmins since it's a hell of a hard time to find someone that have some
> time to spend here, even for a simple icon redesign...
>
> Honnestly, am i wrong ?

Well, considering that Haiku could go alpha any time, shouldn't we be
planning ahead?

Also, in the past, people have stepped up and offered assistance with
various areas of the website, but if we don't define reasonable
security roles, it will be difficult to assign them administrative
access to only the places they need access to.

I'm certainly not talking about all this stuff because it benefits
*me* - I'm trying to identify ways to help make things more manageable
and collaborative so that the community can be more involved :)

If I'm off my rocker, and "dreaming", then so be it... I'm just
pointing out that the current solution doesn't seem to be terribly
collaborative at the moment, and a few changes here and there may
encourage more people to step up and offer assistance...

- Urias