[haiku-web] Re: Community Documentation Collaboration (Was: Add Comunity Project)

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:43:48 -0700

Howdy,

Urias McCullough wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>

> Right, I understand that the website is mostly configured that way,
> but i don't believe there are associated roles with each of those
> areas (we were talking about security roles and granting edit/admin
> access to various areas of the site, not necessarily how the website
> was organized content-wise)

That's true, and that was based on the idea that a somewhat limited pool
of trusted people would maintain the site, so the roles were created and
permissions assigned accordingly.

I am not be opposed to trying a different the roles/permission model,
and I doubt anyone here will oppose this either, as long as nothing
breaks and you admin it. ;)

> I thought it was a bit ironic that someone has chosen to post another
> slightly-modified, slightly incomplete guide on how to build Haiku
> (hybrid this time) over at haikuware this morning...
>
> It's not even up-to-date, as it completely ignores the new requirement
> that yasm be installed :P
>
> http://www.haikuware.com/latest/haiku-gcc4-and-hybrid-insructions
>
> This is the very type of issue I would hope we could mitigate, even if
> we can't eliminate it, rather than having someone post an entire
> guide, I would prefer if they updated one of the guides already on
> haiku-os.org and then posted links to it.

Point taken. :)

Cheers,

Jorge