[haiku-web] Re: Community Documentation Collaboration (Was: Add Comunity Project)

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 19:44:27 -0700

Urias McCullough wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Rémi Grumeau <remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Simple question: Since the web team is held by less than 5 active people for
>> now more than 5 years, is there any kind of real issue to discuss here ? It
>> really feels to me that you guys are talking about something that COULD be
>> useful if we were more than a 100 000 daily contributors around the globe on
>> this website ...
>> And it also really feels to me that in the end, the same 5 guys will all be
>> superadmins since it's a hell of a hard time to find someone that have some
>> time to spend here, even for a simple icon redesign...
>>
>> Honnestly, am i wrong ?
>>

> Well, considering that Haiku could go alpha any time, shouldn't we be
> planning ahead?
>
> Also, in the past, people have stepped up and offered assistance with
> various areas of the website, but if we don't define reasonable
> security roles, it will be difficult to assign them administrative
> access to only the places they need access to.

I guess I just don't buy (anymore) the idea that people don't contribute
or assist more due to a flaw in the system; this notion may well have
been valid in the pre-Drupal days when the website was very closed.

Right now, if people don't do more in adding or maintaining website
content, for the most part it is because they don't have the time or
motivation (or both). I would love to be proven wrong, though. :)

Cheers,

Jorge