[haiku-web] Re: Community Documentation Collaboration (Was: Add Comunity Project)

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 01:57:48 +0000

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tiered permissions aren't a terribly great idea, IMO, and tend to
> "classify" people into different levels of system-wide trust which I
> think is less open-source-like - I think we should go with "additive"
> permissions. For example, I had created an Even Admin role which could
> be assigned to anyone who was to have admin rights over the
> event/conference content... This will allow people (or small groups of
> people) to "own" and be responsible for the respective areas of
> content on the website as they show interest.

Yes, additive permissions better describes what i was thinking of...

Basically, I'm hoping that the additive permissions concept will give
people the assurance that content published under their name, (whether
it be an individual, Haiku as a whole, or Haiku Inc., ) will not be
twisted, re-worded, or intentionally changed with malicious intent.