[haiku-development] Re: WebPositive misleading tool tip on new tab

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:50:36 -0500

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 20:52:15 +1300, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> If you know what an icon does, you click it swiftly and never see the
>> tool-tip. If you want to rest your mouse, you usually don't do so over icons
>> or buttons, since when you accidentally click, you perform an
>
> can confirm that, you r right :-) just tested the opera behaviour and it
> has a tooltip over the X button, and guess what? I never realized that
> there is a tooltip for it! so +1 for the tooltip.
>
> Another nice thing would be to replace the X by the close icon from the
> window decorator, have seen that before somewhere, that would be a nice
> and consistent look.

Another potential source of confusion I'd like to point out... there
is a big red X just underneath the tabs, but that X does not mean
close, it means stop. That is confusing... A tool tip would be nice to
clear up any doubts. Also, so much for X = close being a universally
understood idea...

John Scipione