[haiku-development] Re: UI discussion (was "WebPositive misleading tool tip on new tab")

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:29:56 -0500

On Feb 27, 2013 4:31 PM, "Clemens" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My main point is that there is no incentive to develop a R2 feature at
the moment because the time a R2 feature can ever be used or integrated is
undefined, it might be this year, it might be >3 years.

If a completed R2 feature does not break beos compatibility,  I don't see
why it couldn't be included in R1.

> All developers who not want or can work on R1, for what ever reason, are
block from contributing anything.

To say people are blocked from contributing anything is flat out incorrect.
Something more accurate would be 'anything that breaks BeOS R5
compatibility is blocked'.

There are plenty of applications, both within Haiku's tree and 3rd party
applications that need a helping hand.  Improving Haiku's ecosystem will
even help the chicken and the egg problem -- people not wanting to
contribute (to Haiku or 3rd party apps)  because there's no existing
software.

--mmadia