[haiku-development] Re: UI discussion (was "WebPositive misleading tool tip on new tab")

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 18:49:41 -0500

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I was thinking of is a R2 branch not really a R1 feature branch. A R2
> branch should have similar standards as the current branch! There should
> still be private branches to keep the quality of the main branch high.
> Similar to the two git workflow links...

So in essence you're contradicting yourself, since if you agree with
the above then you'll still be developing e.g. session management in a
github branch until it's stable and ready to merge into this
hypothetical R2, which is exactly what you complained about having to
do initially. So exactly how is this different again? The only thing
you're doing is introducing extra work since this would simply imply
that you'd have the additional work of merging changes and bugfixes
from R1 to R2 in addition to your feature branch work.

Frankly the only thing I get from this discussion is that all you want
to do is develop features and have everybody else do the bug fixing
for you afterwards.

Regards,

Rene