[haiku-development] Re: UI discussion (was "WebPositive misleading tool tip on new tab")

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:45:50 +1300

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:50:00 +1300, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

How about we have feature branches and then we just cherry-pick the features that are ready at a given time? Isn't that a big part of why we switched to git, so anyone can work on anything they like, even when they don't already have commit access?

What I was thinking of is a R2 branch not really a R1 feature branch. A R2 branch should have similar standards as the current branch! There should still be private branches to keep the quality of the main branch high. Similar to the two git workflow links...

My main point is that there is no incentive to develop a R2 feature at the moment because the time a R2 feature can ever be used or integrated is undefined, it might be this year, it might be >3 years. All developers who not want or can work on R1, for what ever reason, are block from contributing anything. Haiku is hopeless outdated compared to other OSs. Idling till R1 does not make things better.

Regards,
        Clemens