[haiku-development] Re: UI discussion (was "WebPositive misleading tool tip on new tab")

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:48:19 +0100

Am 27.02.2013 01:32, schrieb Clemens:
When I joined the project it was normal that new features where
developed in parallel. While testing your own code you were seeing other
features developing or in the worst case crashing your system. I found
that very motivating, both to see new features and hunting the bug that
causes the new crash! While in theory you could merge all feature
branches into your working branch, in practice nobody would do that for
various reasons...

My feelings are a bit different. Right now, I don't find any time for Haiku coding. But there was a time when I would find a few hours here and there. I would update my long outdated tree and would try to get to work, only to find something got broken in the meantime and I had to hunt down the fix. More often than not, I was not doing what I actually wanted to do and my few hours were already consumed.

I think the feeling of overall progress is really helped by aggregating the commit notifications from various branches into our commit-list. This is an awesome setup and I am looking forward to the package manager commits. I don't really need the distraction when I run into isses when trying to work on something unrelated.

So I think given how we switched to git, I think we are already making the best of this setup.

Best regards,
-Stephan