[haiku-development] Re: R1 Alpha 2 Optional Package discussion

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 10:23:05 -0500

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:58:04 +0000, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Based on that, I suggest including ICU-devel.
> It is required to build WebPositive from source and its file size is
> <4M uncompressed.

+1

> As for WebPositive replacing BeZillaBrowser, I'm unsure as Gmail&chat
> do not work. Though, bezilla can always be installed by the user via
> installoptionalpackage.

Personally I would love to see WebPositive part of the default
packages/apps as it fully fits the Be/Haiku style.  Even given WebPositive
slightly early rendering condition (this being said lightly, WebPositive is
in great condition for it early age), having an easily accessible web
browser is a must. As 95% of the new Haiku user base will look for/attempt
to crack open a web browser within 5 minutes of running/installation we
need to impress. :)

Having WebPositive would also allow users to read docs and thus discover
installoptionalpackage and the ability to install BeZillaBrowser.

--
Thanks!
 Alexander von Gluck IV; http://unixzen.com; UNIX is never having to say: