[haiku-development] Re: R1 Alpha 2 Optional Package discussion

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:43:03 +0200

For at least one of the versions of [L]GPL, we need to provide the
sources along with the binaries on physical media -or- provide a
written on paper. AFAIK, with CafePress providing that written offer
is not a possibility.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DistributeWithSourceOnInternet
It does look to me that we only have to add something to Aboutsystem with a postal address where people should write if they want the source. As we can also make the sourcecode available from an ftp server, we should not get much requests at this address so shipping CDs with the source on an exceptional basis (read: never) should be ok ?

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx