[haiku-development] Re: R1 Alpha 2 Optional Package discussion

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 21:59:29 +0200

Am 17.04.2010 um 21:14 schrieb Rene Gollent:

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx > wrote:
Still trying to bootstrap from there, it seems an r36331 gcc4 install-haiku
install is not bootable...

FWIW, r36331 gcc4's running fine here.

gcc4 is not the problem.

Inspired by Axel, I'm trying to build Haiku HEAD on Haiku r36100/ gcc4hybrid. The build completes okay, but on boot during the rocket icon Haiku stalls:

runtime_loader: Cannot open file libstdc++.so: No such file or directory
runtime_loader: Cannot open file libsupc++.so: No such file or directory

That did not happen for a gcc4hybrid cross-build from Linux.
So my guess is that a pure gcc4 build is no longer possible and I need a hybrid build. Unfortunately that doesn't work natively.

With gcc4 set as current compiler and HAIKU_CC etc. in build/ BuildConfig modified to use /boot/develop/abi/x86/gcc2/tools/current/ bin/, the gcc2 part of the build fails due to -lstdc++.r4 or something. With gcc2 set as current compiler, there's no such compilation failure. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need to compile a new "cross-compiler" for a hybrid build?

Andreas