[haiku-development] Re: R1 Alpha 2 Optional Package discussion

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:14:01 +0000

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 19:59, Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Inspired by Axel, I'm trying to build Haiku HEAD on Haiku r36100/gcc4hybrid.
> The build completes okay, but on boot during the rocket icon Haiku stalls:
>
> runtime_loader: Cannot open file libstdc++.so: No such file or directory
> runtime_loader: Cannot open file libsupc++.so: No such file or directory
>
> That did not happen for a gcc4hybrid cross-build from Linux.
> So my guess is that a pure gcc4 build is no longer possible and I need a
> hybrid build. Unfortunately that doesn't work natively.
>
> With gcc4 set as current compiler and HAIKU_CC etc. in build/BuildConfig
> modified to use /boot/develop/abi/x86/gcc2/tools/current/bin/, the gcc2 part
> of the build fails due to -lstdc++.r4 or something. With gcc2 set as current
> compiler, there's no such compilation failure. Any idea what I'm doing
> wrong? Do I need to compile a new "cross-compiler" for a hybrid build?

To build a hybrid within Haiku, you need both the GCC 2.95.x and GCC
4.x compilers.
Assuming your gcc4hybrid includes the development packages, its included.
Then it's simply a matter of specifying the compilers via
--cross-tools-prefix.
`setgcc` should not be used.

This should help fill in the missing details:
http://www.haiku-os.org/guides/building/gcc-hybrid

--mmadia