[haiku-development] Re: R1 Alpha 2 Optional Package discussion

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:14:17 -0400

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:05, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What about including Paladin?
> or at least have it available as an OptionalPackage?
>
> As for the sources, how about we bump them to a second cd?  We're not
> required to ship the sources, only to make them available, so why
> allow that to eat up space that could be used in other ways?

For at least one of the versions of [L]GPL, we need to provide the
sources along with the binaries on physical media -or- provide a
written on paper. AFAIK, with CafePress providing that written offer
is not a possibility.

Judging by the volume of R1A1 cd sales, buying discs in bulk and
mailing them out is not worth it.

--mmadia