[haiku-appserver] Re: progress and status

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:54:30 +0300

Axel Dörfler wrote:
> Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>I think BeBook is wrong here. Just try the test app (GetMouseTest) I
>>committed in src/tests/kits/interface.
>>It eats up all the mousemoved messages.
>

> I think you're wrong here: that you don't get those messages should be
> an implementation detail: you're calling GetMouse() until a MouseUp()
> event would be triggered - ie. you're eating all events by yourself.

        Have other questions.
        What if I move the mouse outside the window and release the mouse
button?
        Why steal B_MOUSE_MOVED messages destined for other views in this
window?

        Why do you find this GetMouse(..., true) so useful? I simply hate this
method!
I really think we should use the standard, *nicer* way: Mouse*();

bye,
Adi.