[haiku-appserver] Re: progress and status

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 17 May 2005 12:06:16 -0000

>> For example, ButtonWorld doesn't work right yet - clicking >the button
>> makes it disappear and then reappear on mouse up. The >window title
>> doesn't get updated, either. When resizing, the window tab >isn't
>> resized when the window width is less than the tab's width.

>With regard to ButtonWorld... I have not personally tested >it. From
>time to time I try out People. The problem with ButtonWorld >might be
>related to synchronous controls versus non-synchronous >controls windows
>(I say that without having looked at the source even). I >don't think we
>support the (deprecated) synchronous way of things too well.

Yes, I'm sure too that the cause is that one. I thought that the cause was in
BView::GetMouse(), but instead looks like we don't get _UPDATE_ messages at all
while we are in a polling loop in MouseDown(). BTW could be related to the
problem you (Stephan) have been working around with the latest changes (Flush()
in TextView).

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/