[haiku-appserver] Re: progress and status

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 03:03:04 +0200 CEST

Hi gang!

> > > For a demonstration, I envision some kind of test app with
> > > different
> > > kinds of controls in it, which also demonstrates that these
> > > actually
> > > work with messaging and all.
> > mphipps wants us to do that very thing. I've been meaning to
> > mention
> > it, but I've been forgetting to. Something to demonstrate/user test
> > each of the GUI controls. The different kinds of controls should
> > probably be on different tabs, as well.
>
> Yes, in the following days, I will see what works and what doesn't.
> BSliders are of course a "must have", so the direct drawing needs to
> be
> implemented for them. I'm suspecting that BRadioControl will work out
> of the box. BMenuField needs BMenus to work, which was on the top of
> that list... :-)

BRadioButtons did indeed work out of the box. I commited a little
drawing app that runs under Haiku and is of course binary compatible
with R5. Unfortunately, there are some heavy defects in AGG arc
calculation, which might have something to do with possibly broken
trigonometric functions under Haiku. It runs just fine in the Haiku
app_server under R5.
It would be nice if you guys check out that app (src/tests/serves/app/
playground) and make some comments about it's usefullness as a little
demonstration on what currently works.

P.S. I will look into improving the rendering of BRadioButton, as a
little more care has to be taken with regards to the anti-aliased
drawing. Essentially, you have to be careful about the current LowColor
if you draw in B_OP_COPY, so it is the same "problem" as with text
rendering in R5. B_OP_OVER totally avoids the issue, but reads from the
frame buffer.